Welcome to the Transhuman "Neon-Noir" Future!
The human mind is nothing more than digital code - Digital Human Freight - saved and stored in a Cortical Stack, advanced technology that allows you to "re-sleeve" your entire consciousness into a new body.
In the official Altered Carbon RPG based on the hit Netflix series, wear anybody you can afford, transmit your mind across the cosmos in an instant, and, if you've got the credits and political cachet, you can re-sleeve time and again for centuries, accumulating enough wealth and power over the millennia to become the societal equivalent of an immortal god.
With the prize of immortality at your fingers, the question is, what price will you pay? What stories will you tell? Your neon-drenched adventures await.
Inside this book, you'll find:
• Rules to play Archetypes ranging from Socialites to Soldiers.
• Explore the expansive metropolis Bay City in both its criminal Underground, and vaunted Aerium world of the immortal meths.
• A highly customizable Trait and tech system.
• Storytelling-focused rules, that help create dramatic tension inside of combat and intrigue outside of combat.
• The means in which to transfer your character's digital consciousness into a new sleeve should they come to a tragic end.
• Opponents ranging from unhinged augmented thugs to cunning and manipulative political adversaries.